KICK START YOUR BARISTA CAREER 2-DAY COURSE
Designed for beginners who want to apply for a job as a professional barista.
Create consistently excellent espresso along with our free lifetime membership.
Take our intensive 2-Day Professional Barista Training Course and come away with the ability to make a perfect cup of coffee every time!
After completing our course you’ll have the knowledge and essential practical skills to impress your way into sought-after barista positions.
Scroll down for more class information.
FREE UNLIMITED PRACTICE SESSIONS
(no catch, no hidden costs)
Making coffee is a simple skill to learn. It doesn’t require weeks of intensive training. However, to be able to achieve the consistency that café owners are looking for – all you need is a little practice.
The Espresso Coffee School offers a free lifetime membership for students to come back and practice their skills in a real café environment. All practice sessions are supervised by our expert tutors who will make sure that you are industry ready!
We understand not everyone learns in the same way, so we cater to your individual learning style by having a maximum of 6 students per class.
Total price – $545 per person (lunches provided)
Select your course date and register today!
Day 1 Course Details
- The history and science of espresso coffee.
- The New Zealand coffee industry and trends shaping the current job market.
- Getting familiar with the types and parts of an espresso machine.
- Grinder types, calibration and espresso shot timing.
- Judging the quality of a good extraction.
- Proper espresso grinding, dosing, distribution and tamping.
- 4 essential elements to create consistently excellent espresso.
- Black coffee recipes and best practice.
- How to troubleshoot poor quality coffee.
- Filter coffee segment.
Day 2 Course Details
- Choosing the right type of milk stretching equipment and accessories.
- Getting familiar with the different types of milk (full fat, trim, soy, almond, oat).
- 4 steps to achieve consistently smooth and silky milk.
- Best practice for excellent flat whites, cappuccinos and lattes.
- Best practice for excellent mochaccinos, hot chocolates and chai lattes.
- Equipment cleaning, care and maintenance.
- Customer service and serving – training for work ready skills.
- Tips for job hunting in a competitive market.
Does someone you know have a lot of passion, but needs that expert training to get their coffee up to cafe standard?
Make it happen for them, we’re sure you’ll love the benefits as much as they will!